This edition has also been released as:
ISBN13: 978-0072930795, 978-0073209265
ISBN10: 0072930799, 0073209260
Summary: For the past forty years Beer and Johnston have been the uncontested leaders in the teaching of undergraduate engineering mechanics. Over the years their textbooks have introduced significant theoretical and pedagogical innovations in statics, dynamics, and mechanics of materials education. At the same time, their careful presentation of content, unmatched levels of accuracy, and attention to detail have made their texts the standard for excellence. The new Seventh E ...show moredition of Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Dynamics continues this tradition. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 04
New to This Edition :
- 90% new or revised homework problem set with more problems than the competition. The emphasis on industry-related and discipline-specific questions make the new edition problems motivating for students.
- An increased number of Computer Problems relevant to the design process in each chapter. The problems will easily solved using popular computational programs such as MATLAB, MathCAD, Maple, etc. The computer problems will focus on symbolic manipulation and plotting.
- The solutions manual will be typeset for the first time in a clear 1-2 solution per page format.
- The photo program will be extended to include numerous in-chapter and chapter-opening photos to help students to better visualize important concepts.
- A Fundamentals of Engineering Examination Appendix has been added for use when students prepare for the FE/EIT exam.
- Review and Summary sections at the end of each chapter provide students with a valuable study tool. Reviewers found these chapter reviews to be one of the strongest features of the text and the best available in the market.
- A careful, step-by-step presentation is followed in each lesson of each chapter and every chapter follows a careful, pedagogically-oriented organization.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2004