Summary: For the past fifty years Beer and Johnston have been the uncontested leaders in the teaching of undergraduate engineering mechanics. Over the years their textbooks have introduced significant theoretical and pedagogical innovations in statics, dynamics, and mechanics of materials education. At the same time, their careful presentation of content, unmatched levels of accuracy, and attention to detail have made their texts the standard for excellence.Edition/Copyright: 8TH 07
The new ...show more Eighth Edition of Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Statics marks the fiftieth anniversary of the Beer/Johnston series. Continuing in the spirit of its successful previous editions, the Eighth Edition provides conceptually accurate and thorough coverage together with a significant addition of new problems, including biomechanics problems, and the most extensive media resources available.
- The 8th editions offer over 50% new and revised homework problem set, with biomechanics-focused problems added appropriately throughout the texts.
- The photo program continues to be expanded in each edition, with new chapter opener and in chapter photos added to each chapter.
- A C.O.S.M.O.S. Solutions Manual, provided to instructors on DVD, allows for assignment generation, tracking, and distribution. Instructors also have the ability to edit homework problems.
- McGraw Hill's Assessment, Review, and Instruction System (ARIS) is a complete, online tutorial, electronic homework, and course management system, designed for greater ease of use than any other system available.
- Also available on ARIS, student and instructor resources include algorithmic problems, S.M.A.R.T. tutorials, lecture powerpoints, and images from the text, among other resources.
- McGraw-Hill's web-based Hands-on Mechanics teaching demonstration library provides instructors with instructions for building hands-on physical models used to demonstrate important Statics and Dynamics concepts in class.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Other Editions of Vector Mechanics for Engineers : Statics -With Mini CD: