Summary: Viral Gene Techniques is a practical laboratory guide to current techniques of molecular biology and genetics. The volume is concerned with methods for the analysis of viral genes and chromosomes: DNA viruses and RNA viruses including HIV are discussed.
* Methods presented for ease of use and reasdy adaptation to new systems
* Detailed experimental protocols included for:
* Viral vectors - construction and use of DNA virus vectors (adenovirus ...show more, adeno-associated virus, vaccinia virus, Epstein - Barr virus)
* DNA viruses - virus/host interactions, viral chromosomes , transcription regulation (viruses discussed include herpes simplex, hepatitis B, SV40, JC, Epstein-Barr, adenovirus)
* Human Immunodeficiency Virus / retroviruses -quantitation of HIV-1 virus stock and RNA, retrovirus reverse transcription / integration, retrovirus-mediated cell fusion, use as cell lineage markers
* RNA viruses - RNA virus assembly, analysis of RNA genomes, assays for RNA-binding proteins (viruses discussed include poliovirus, influenza virus, hepatitis delta virus) ...show less