Summary: Completely updated for easier use and more control, VCE Pacific View is a groundbreaking workbook/CD-ROM package that brings learning to life in a "virtual" hospital setting. This guided learning experience features textbook reading assignments that correspond with the CD-ROM and workbook activities. The workbook acts as a map, guiding students through the CD-ROM as they care for patients in the virtual hospital to help students make connections between wha ...show moret they experience through the CD-ROM and what they've learned in their textbook. Each virtual hospital visit allows the student to access realistic information resources essential to patient care resulting in a true-to-life, hands-on learning experience. Users will also discover that this edition of VCE is easier to use with the inclusion of flash-based technology and the elimination of previously needed third-party plug-ins. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 05
- Meaningful, real-world problems place users in nursing scenarios where they can set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, and reach conclusions about complex problems within a health-illness transition.
- The highly-engaging format encourages active learning and provides opportunities to identify information to collect and process data for evidence-based patient care; work with data entry and retrieval screens; optimize use of available information resources; understand hospital information systems; manage information for decision-making; and maintain and improve core computing skills.
- Lessons in the workbook complement the content in the textbook and guide the student through the virtual hospital.
- Includes NCLEX examination-style questions that offer built-in testing of clinical knowledge.
- The CD-ROM offers users the opportunity to visit each patient and access realistic information essential for patient care
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Virtual Clinincal Excursions Workbook - With CD: