Summary: Visual Design Fundamentals: A Digital Approach provides the foundation and background artists and designers need to understand the art of two-dimensional design. This full-color book explores the classic elements of design (line, shape, form, value, color, and texture) and their relationship with balance, harmony, variety and other classic design principles. The theories presented are well-established ideas in all forms of two-dimensional art and design, including dr ...show moreawing, painting, printmaking, graphics, and general design. These principles may also be applied to interior design, architecture, and industrial design. The various ideas covered are illustrated and taught through a variety of tutorials that use basic computer skills and techniques. The tutorials are designed to address classic tools and procedures common to all drawing programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
* Presents the fundamentals of classic design in full-color, and explains how to use the computer to apply these fundamentals
* Establishes a tie between humanist art ideals and the precise production qualities of the computer
* Provides practical knowledge and techniques that can be applied across a variety of design areas (drawing, painting, graphic design, industrial design, architecture, etc.)
* Offers a way to observe and design all forms of two-dimensional visual expression
* Includes practical tutorials and projects
* Includes a CD-ROM (Win/Mac) with the files needed to complete the detailed projects ...show less
More prices and sellers below.