Summary: Weight Training: Steps to Success puts it all together: Edition/Copyright: 2ND 98
Like the popular first edition, this step-by-step guide follows a carefully developed progression of exercises that gives anyone who trains with weights the confidence and the know-how to set up a personal stren ...show moregthening program using either free weights or single or multistation pivot and cam machines. This new edition features more than 200 illustrations, updated references, keys to learning exercises, and metric conversions. It also includes more intermediate and advanced exercises.
- what exercises to do
- why to do them
- how to do them
- when to do them
- how to design a balanced program.
Then, at the heart of the book, are the 12 steps to success. The first eight steps introduce basic lifting fundamentals and exercises for each major area of the body. Recommended training loads are light while beginners learn each exercise, then progress to heavier loads later. Step 9 shows how to select and group exercises into a well-balanced training program. The last three steps present program design variables for modifying the program to fit specific training needs.
Each step (chapter)
Each step is an easy transition from the one before. The first few steps provide a solid foundation of basic skills and concepts. As readers progress, they learn how to safely perform exercises, chart workouts, and design programs that meet their personal goals for training.
- explains why the concept or exercise is important,
- identifies the keys to correct technique,
- shows how to avoid common errors,
- explains how to practice each exercise,
- lists specific performance goals for each drill,
- provides a summary checklist for evaluating proper technique, and
- lets individuals proceed at their own pace, with self-assessment quizzes and drills to help them apply the information.
Weight Training: Steps to Success is perfect for fitness enthusiasts, athletes, students, strength and conditioning specialists, personal trainers, and anyone else who wants a solid program for developing strength, muscular endurance, or muscularity. ...show less
Publisher: Human Kinetics Publishers