Summary: This survey text presents the Western intellectual tradition within a chronology of political history. Known for its accessible writing style, Western Civilization appeals to students and instructors alike for its brevity, clarity, and careful selection of content. New technology resources--including Houghton Mifflin's Eduspace course management system--make learning more engaging and instruction more efficient.Edition/Copyright: 8TH 07
In the Eighth Edition, several new pedagogica ...show morel features support students throughout the term. Chapter-opening focus questions direct students to important themes, while a glossary reinforces key terms and concepts. New icons in the text direct students to online resources such as maps, primary sources, and practice test questions. In addition, the new edition retains many popular features, including comparative timelines, full-color maps with physical geography essays, and primary source excerpts.
- New! Eduspace for History is an online learning tool that pairs the widely recognized resources of Blackboard with quality content from Houghton Mifflin. Developed to meet the unique needs of history curricula, Eduspace for History offers access to primary sources, interactive maps, and supplemental study materials, as well as writing tips and tutorials (and, in qualified adoption situations, the anti-plagiarism resources of MyDropBox). Homework exercises, writing assignments paired with source documents, debate questions for online discussion boards, and tests all come ready-to-use.
- New! Icons in the margins of the text direct students to online maps and primary sources, as well as the Online Study Center, which includes ACE practice tests, interactive activities, and a range of materials to help students succeed in the course.
- New! Chapter-opening focus questions call attention to key themes students will explore in each chapter, while a glossary at the end of the book reinforces key terms and concepts.
- New! The text has been streamlined to tell the story of western civilization in a more effective and efficient way.
- The text's smaller size and paperback format make it the convenient, cost-effective choice for instructors of Western Civilization.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Western Civilization : Ideas, Politics, and Society : Comp.: