This edition has also been released as:
Summary: WHEN WORDS COLLIDE is the most versatile grammar and usage handbook for beginning and continuing media writers. As a main text, the book is praised for its straightforward, clear treatment of grammar, offered in a lighthearted, almost conversational tone. As a handbook, the text serves as a reference tool for students throughout their writing careers. It provides concise and clear explanations and examples, and is a great source for a quick and accurate answer ...show more to a grammar or usage question.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 00
- Versatile as both an easy-to-use reference handbook and a grammar/usage textbook.
- The student workbook now contains the Answer Key at the back so students can check their answers.
- The latest news and research articles online-updated daily and spanning four years! Choose to package InfoTrac College Edition (ICE) with this text and you and your students will have 4-month's free access to an easy-to-use online database of reliable, full-length articles (not abstracts) from hundreds of top academic journals and popular sources.
- Clear, concise explanations of all important grammar issues that relate to a wide variety of media.
- Timeless and appropriate examples compare correct with incorrect uses.
- Chapter 11, Sense & Sensitivity, gives a thoughtful discussion of the "-isms" in writing: sexism, racism, ageism, etc.
- Part Two: Topical Guide to Grammar and Word Use, provides a quick reference to over 100 grammar and word issues.
- Thoroughly rewritten and revised for even greater clarity.
- Fresh, accurate examples in every chapter.
- Reorganized so that Chapter 10 of this edition, "Style," follows the chapter on "Clarity, Conciseness, Coherence."
- New entries added to Part Two: Topical Guide to Grammar and Word Use.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 2000