Summary: In this timely new edition, distinguished authors Dukeminier and Johanson build on the success of their phenomenally popular casebook WILL, TRUSTS, AND ESTATES with new coverage of non-traditional family arrangements, living wills, and much more.Edition/Copyright: 6TH 00
The authors blend cases selected for human interest as well as teaching value with provocative hypotheticals, cartoons, photographs, and other illustrations to comprehensively cover this area in a very lively, readable m ...show moreanner. Organized logically, the book begins with estate planning and its limitations, moves to wills and will substitutes, progresses to trusts, and concludes with a chapter on taxation.
New topica coverage includes:
Like its predecessors, this book is a lively, flexible, and understandable teaching tool that is accompanied by a detailed and witty Teacher's Manual, which is regarded as the best in the field.
- babies inadvertently swapped in hospitals, surrogate mothers, lesbian adoption, and artificial insemination (including children conceived after sperm donor's death)
- living wills and powers of attorney for health care, including the Cruzan case and the Uniform Health Care Decisions Act
- a new chapter combining mental capacity and undue influence, which features the Seward Johnson will contest and related preventive lawyering issues shortened, more teachable chapters on future interests and perpetuities
- latest changes to the Uniform Probate Code
- a completely revised and reorganized trustee administration chapter
Publisher: Aspen Law
Other Editions of Wills, Trusts, and Estates: