Summary: For graduate Nursing students, Nurse Practitioner students, Nurse Practitioners, and Nurse Midwives. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 04
Using a systematic, problem-solving format, the third edition of this popular book provides comprehensive information on health maintenance and promotion in the care of women. Completely revised, this edition thoroughly addresses the issues most important in all primary care areas, including obstetrics, gynecologic, general medical conditions, and psychosoc ...show moreial matters. Designed as a handbook, Women's Health is an easy-to-use resource that allows quick access to relevant health care material. Features :
- NEW--Chapter, "Complementary Therapies in Women's Health."
- Provides students with insights into alternative and complementary therapies that they may offer to help a client.
- NEW--Updated chapters.
- Gives students current and up-to-date information.
- NEW--Up-to-date guidelines--Includes new data that negate prior understandings.
- Provides students with the most current material available on diagnoses and management, as well as the current CDC guidelines, and Pap smear result interpretation.
- Comprehensive organization--Divided into general health information, gynecologic health care, pregnancy health care, and primary care problems.
- Enables students to understand that women's health cannot be narrowed just to reproductive issues; the whole person must be assessed and assisted.
- Unique, streamlined format--Designed to be not only a text, but a handbook that enhances learning and application.
- Allows students, instructors and practitioners to retrieve basic information easily, making it a valuable resource.
- "Women and the Health Care System" --Provides in this chapter a historical look at women's health in the U.S., plus addresses health care issues for the future.
- Gives students a complete text, enabling them to understand the political and policy issues that influence a provider's care.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Other Editions of Women's Health : A Primary Care Clinical Guide: