Summary: Long relied on as the industry's most comprehensive, authoritative source for information on the care of pediatric patients, this respected text presents a wealth of nursing knowledge in vividly illustrated, easy-to-read chapters. Current, evidence-based practice is reflected throughout, from its emphasis on wellness to its use of the nursing process and nursing care plans. Now even more user-friendly and inviting, the updated, full-color layout and improved readability
guide readers every step of the way. No other book on the subject offers more expert, practical, relevant coverage than Wong's Nursing Care of Infants & Children, 8th Edition.
Summary: Long relied on as the industry's most comprehensive, authoritative source for information on the care of pediatric patients, this respected text presents a wealth of nursing knowledge in vividly illustrated, easy-to-read chapters. Current, evidence-based practice is reflected throughout, from its emphasis on wellness to its use of the nursing process and nursing care plans. Now even more user-friendly and inviting, the updated, full-color layout and improved readability guide readers every step of the way. No other book on the subject offers more expert, practical, relevant coverage than Wong's Nursing Care of Infants & Children, 8th Edition. ...show less
1. Perspectives of Pediatric Nursing 2. Social, Cultural, and Religious Influences on Child Health Promotion 3. Family Influences on Child Health Promotion 4. Community-Based Nursing Care of the Child and Family 5. Hereditary Influences on Health Promotion of the Child and Family
Unit II - Assessment of the Child and Family
6. Communication and Physical and Developmental Assessment of the Child 7. Pain Assessment and Management in Children
Unit III - Family-Centered Care of the Newborn
8. Health Promotion of the Newborn and Family 9. Health Problems of the Newborn 10. The High-Risk Newborn and Family 11. Conditions Caused by Defects in Physical Development
Unit IV - Family-Centered Care of the Infant
12. Health Promotion of the Infant and Family 13. Health Problems During Infancy
Unit V - Family-Centered Care of the Young Child
14. Health Promotion of the Toddler and Family 15. Health Promotion of the Preschooler and Family 16. Health Problems of Early Childhood
Unit VI - Family-Centered Care of the School-Age Child
17. Health Promotion of the School-Age Child and Family 18. Health Problems of Middle Childhood
Unit VII - Family-Centered Care of the Adolescent
19. Health Promotion of the Adolescent and Family 20. Physical Health Problems of Adolescence 21. Behavioral Health Problems of Adolescence
Unit VIII - Family-Centered Care of the Child with Special Needs
22. Family-Centered Care of the Child with Chronic Illness or Disability 23. Family-Centered End-Of-Life Care 24. The Child with Cognitive, Sensory, or Communication Impairment 25. Family-Centered Home Care
Part 2 - Nursing Care of the Ill or Hospitalized Child
Unit IX - The Child who is Hospitalized
26. Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization 27. Pediatric Variations of Nursing Interventions
Unit X - The Child with Disturbance of Fluid and Electrolytes
28. Balance and Imbalance of Body Fluids 29. Conditions that Produce Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalance 30. The Child with Renal Dysfunction
Unit XI - The Child with Problems Related to Transfer of Oxygen and Nutrients
31. The Child with Disturbance of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Exchange 32. The Child with Respiratory Dysfunction 33. The Child with Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
Unit XII - The Child with Problems Related to Production and Circulation of Blood
34. The Child with Cardiovascular Dysfunction 35. The Child with Hematologic or Immunologic Dysfunction
Unit XIII - The Child with Disturbance of Regulatory Mechanisms
36. The Child with Cancer 37. The Child with Cerebral Dysfunction 38. The Child with Endocrine Dysfunction
Unit XIV - The Child with a Problem that Interferes with Physical Mobility
39. The Child with Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction 40. The Child with Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction
A. Family Assessment B. Developmental/Sensory Assessment C. Growth Measurements D. Common Laboratory Tests E. NANDA-Approved Nursing Diagnoses F. Translations of FACES Pain Rating Scale G. Spanish-English Translations H. Dietary Reference Intakes
Barnes & Noble.com Various Shipping Locations, USA
Brand new, ships from the closest shipping location to your shipping address!
$10.99 +$3.99 s/h
Greatextbooks Auburn, CA
0323039634 ****BRAND NEW**** IN SHINK WRAP. SHIPS SAME OR NEXT BUSINESS DAY WITH TRACKING NUMBER!! NO EXPEDITED SHIPPING. 8TH EDITION. **NO EXPEDITED SHIPPING**
$15.85 +$3.99 s/h
BargainBarnBooks Kansas City, MO
Saint Louis, MO 2006 Hard cover 8th Revised ed. New. Brand new w/CD! Very fast shipping! 100% satisfaction guaranteed! Free tracking & delivery confirmation.
$59.97 +$3.99 s/h
Nivea Books Lynnwood, WA
Hardcover New 0323039634 Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. Sealed CD included. This is Student US Edition. May be publisher overstock and have slight shelf wear. Same day shipping with f...show moreree tracking number. Expedited shipping available. A+ Customer Service! ...show less
$104.00 +$3.99 s/h
Textbookcenter.com Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day! UPS(AK/HI Priority Mail)/ NEW book
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.