Summary: Revealing the significance of religion in contemporary life,World Religions Today,Fourth Edition, explores major religious traditions--Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, East Asian Religions, indigenous religions, and new religions--as dynamic, ongoing forces in the lives of individuals and in the collective experience of modern societies.This unique volume accomplishes two goals: it connects today's religions to their classical beliefs and practices and focuses on how ...show more these religions have responded to and been transformed by the modern world.The authors combine thorough coverage of the historical background of each religion with up-to-the-minute discussions of its current practices. The volume is enhanced by numerous pedagogical aids--text boxes, timelines, maps, illustrations, discussion questions, a comprehensive glossary of key terms, and suggestions for further reading--and more than 200 photographs.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
* Updates throughoutthat cover more aspects of the current international situation and developments in religious life around the world
* ''Rituals and Rites'' boxesexamining rituals that have changed in practice or meaning over time
* ''Gender Focus'' boxesthat highlight gender-specific customs within each faith
* A revised and updated Instructor's Manual and Test Bank on CDcontaining overviews, learning goals, and summaries for each chapter; lecture outlines; PowerPoint-based lecture slides; fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false test questions; sample essay/discussion questions; flash cards of key terms; and suggested reading, viewing, and links
* An updated Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/espositofeaturing all of the material from the Instructor's Manual and additional resources for students
World Religions Today,Fourth Edition, is also available as two separate volumes:
Religions of Asia Today,Second Edition (97 ...show less
27 more offers below.