Summary: Designed for students who are "right in the middle" between the guided writing necessary for beginning ESL students and the independent writing assigned to college and university student, Write in the Middle helps students not only express their ideas in writing but develop patterns of thinking and learning. Write in the Middle is classroom-tested for students in both extensive English programs and college/university ESL programs, and blends a strong proces ...show mores approach to writing with proven product-oriented techniques.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 98
- The text includes student compositions--many of which demonstrate the various stages of the writing process--written at levels that are achievable and in styles interesting to students of varied cultural backgrounds.
- Each chapter ends with revision exercises, suggestions for journal-writing topics, and additional composition ideas.
- The final chapter features a thorough treatment of paraphrasing and summarizing, essential skills for the college-bound student writer.
- The updated and revised material in the second edition appears in an appealing, easy-to-use format.
- A useful index and a chart of proofreading symbols
Publisher: Harcourt Brace or Harcourt Press
Year Published: 1998