10. Informative Reports Student Paper: Smulowitz on Stocks 11. Interpretive Analysis and Writing About Literature Student Paper: Bector on O'Connor 12. Arguments Student Paper: Buglione on the NFL 13. Other Kinds of Assignments
Tab 4: Writing Connections: College, Community, Career
14. Service Learning and Community Service Writing 15. Letters to Get Action: Protest and Praise 15. Writing to Get and Keep a Job
Tab 5: Researching
17. Understanding Research 18. Finding Print and Online Sources 19. Evaluating Sources 20. Doing Research in the Archive, Field, and Lab 21. Working with Sources 22. Writing the Paper 23. Discipline-Specific Resources in the Library and on the Internet
Tab 6: MLA Documentation Style
24. MLA Style: In-Text Citations 25. MLA Style: List of Works Cited 26. MLA Style: Explanatory Notes 27. MLA Paper Format 28. Student Paper in MLA Style: Esther Hoffman: Louis Armstrong and Joe Glaser
Tab 7: APA Documentation Style
29. APA Style: In-Text Citations 30. APA Style: List of References 31. APA Paper Format 32. Student Paper in APA Style: Jennifer Koehler: Germany's Path to Continuing Prosperity
Tab 8: Other Documentation Styles: Chicago, CBE, and COS
33. Chicago Manual Documentation Style 34. CBE Documentation Styles 35. Columbia Online Style (COS)
Tab 9: Document and Web Design
36. Document Design 37. Writing for the World Wide Web
Tab 10: Editing for Clarity
38. Wordy Sentences 39. Missing Words 40. Mixed Constructions 41. Confusing Shifts 42. Faulty Parallelism 43. Dangling and Misplaced Modifiers 44. Coordination and Subordination 45. Sentence Variety 46. Active Verbs 47. Appropriate Language 48. Exact Language 49. The Dictionary and the Thesaurus 50. Glossary of Usage
Tab 11: Editing for Grammar Conventions
51. Sentence Fragments 52. Comma Splices and Run-on Sentences 53. Subject/Verb Agreement 54. Problems with Verbs 55. Problems with Pronouns 56. Problems with Adjectives and Adverbs
Tab 12: Editing for Correctness: Punctuation, Mechanics, and Spelling
57. Commas 58. Semicolons 59. Colons 60. Apostrophes 61. Quotation Marks 62. Other Punctuation Marks 63. Capital Letters 64. Abbreviations 65. Numbers 66. Italics (underlining) 67. Hyphens 68. Spelling
Tab 13: Basic Grammar Review and Tips for Multilingual Writers
69. Parts of Speech 70. Sentences 71. Phrases or Dependent Clauses 72. Types of Sentences Appendix: Further Resources for College Writers
Other Editions of Writer's Resource : A Handbook For Writers And Researchers:
Good Covers scuffed and dirty corners curledPlease read our Seller Info and Policies prior to placing your order.
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
AtlantaBookCompany Atlanta, GA
Book shows minor use. Cover and Binding have minimal wear and the pages have only minimal creases. A tradition of southern quality and service. All books guaranteed at the Atlanta Book Company. Our ma...show moreilers are 100% recyclable. ...show less
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
Silver Arch Books St Louis, MO
Book has a small amount of wear visible on the binding, cover, pages. Selection as wide as the Mississippi.
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
Books Squared Dallas, TX
Only lightly used. Book has minimal wear to cover and binding. A few pages may have small creases and minimal underlining. Book selection as BIG as Texas.
$3.12 +$3.99 s/h
Mary Phipps FL Rockford, IL
2002-12-11 Like New LIKE NEW-This book is in like NEW condition and it is without a remainder mark.
$3.94 +$3.99 s/h
Extremely_Reliable Richmond, TX
Buy with confidence. Excellent Customer Service & Return policy.
$5.66 +$3.99 s/h
woodysbooks Martinez, CA
Excellent customer service. May ship from alternate location depending on your zip code and availability. Satisfaction guaranteed!!
$9.00 +$3.99 s/h
Atlanta Vintage Books Atlanta, GA
US 2002 Paperback Like New. No Dust Jacket 8.2 x 6.6 x 1 inches. Pages and text block are clean. Spiral binding is secure. Covers are clean and bright. Corners are lightly bumped.
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later! Get an extra 10% cash back.
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista or Mac OS X 10.3 or above
At least 280 MB RAM, a 600 mHZ processor and 110 MB of hard drive space
1024x768 (or larger) screen resolution
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.
Compared to the prices of new and used, sold directly from Amazon.com (not marketplace sellers). If you find Amazon.com directly selling the textbook for a lower price, WE'LL MATCH IT...GUARANTEED. details