on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Maimon, Elaine : Arizona State University--West
Peritz, Janice : Queens College
Tab 1: Learning Across the Curriculum
1. Your College Experience
2. Writing to Learn
3. Writing in College
4. Writing Online
5. Learning in English as a Second Language
Tab 2: Writing Papers
6. Reading, Thinking, Writing: The Critical Connection
Tab 3: Common Assignments Across the Curriculum
10. Informative Reports
Student Paper: Smulowitz on Stocks
11. Interpretive Analysis and Writing About Literature
Student Paper: Bector on O'Connor
Student Paper: Buglione on the NFL
13. Other Kinds of Assignments
Tab 4: Writing Connections: College, Community, Career
14. Service Learning and Community Service Writing
15. Letters to Get Action: Protest and Praise
15. Writing to Get and Keep a Job
Tab 5: Researching
17. Understanding Research
18. Finding Print and Online Sources
19. Evaluating Sources
20. Doing Research in the Archive, Field, and Lab
21. Working with Sources
22. Writing the Paper
23. Discipline-Specific Resources in the Library and on the Internet
Tab 6: MLA Documentation Style
24. MLA Style: In-Text Citations
25. MLA Style: List of Works Cited
26. MLA Style: Explanatory Notes
27. MLA Paper Format
28. Student Paper in MLA Style: Esther Hoffman: Louis Armstrong and Joe Glaser
Tab 7: APA Documentation Style
29. APA Style: In-Text Citations
30. APA Style: List of References
31. APA Paper Format
32. Student Paper in APA Style: Jennifer Koehler: Germany's Path to Continuing Prosperity
Tab 8: Other Documentation Styles: Chicago, CBE, and COS
33. Chicago Manual Documentation Style
34. CBE Documentation Styles
35. Columbia Online Style (COS)
Tab 9: Document and Web Design
36. Document Design
37. Writing for the World Wide Web
Tab 10: Editing for Clarity
38. Wordy Sentences
39. Missing Words
40. Mixed Constructions
41. Confusing Shifts
42. Faulty Parallelism
43. Dangling and Misplaced Modifiers
44. Coordination and Subordination
45. Sentence Variety
46. Active Verbs
47. Appropriate Language
48. Exact Language
49. The Dictionary and the Thesaurus
50. Glossary of Usage
Tab 11: Editing for Grammar Conventions
51. Sentence Fragments
52. Comma Splices and Run-on Sentences
53. Subject/Verb Agreement
54. Problems with Verbs
55. Problems with Pronouns
56. Problems with Adjectives and Adverbs
Tab 12: Editing for Correctness: Punctuation, Mechanics, and Spelling
61. Quotation Marks
62. Other Punctuation Marks
63. Capital Letters
66. Italics (underlining)
Tab 13: Basic Grammar Review and Tips for Multilingual Writers
69. Parts of Speech
71. Phrases or Dependent Clauses
72. Types of Sentences
Appendix: Further Resources for College Writers
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.