Summary: Based on a "whole language approach," The Writer's Way is a dynamic, process-centered paperback rhetoric with readings. This text recognizes that students learn best by doing--and writers learn best when inspired by compelling reasons to write, aided by strong examples, and reinforced by immediate personal rewards. With frank advice offered in a supportive, encouraging tone, Rawlins leads students step by step through the writing process, from pre-writing t ...show moreo polishing the final draft. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 09
- New! HM WriteSPACE encompasses the interactive online products and services integrated with Houghton Mifflin Developmental Writing textbook programs. Students and instructors can access HM WriteSPACE content through text-specific Student and Instructor Websites and via Eduspace, Houghton Mifflin's online Course Management System, and additional course management systems including Blackboard/WebCT.
- New! Updates to the content include a new section in Chapter 3 on getting ideas and inspirations from visual texts, and coverage of how to incorporate visuals into essays in Chapter 6.
- New! The Seventh Edition features a streamlined Table of Contents, with 18 chapters plus A Collection of Good Writing.
- New! Part V now focuses solely on the research paper, with additional coverage on strategies for avoiding plagiarism, abundant examples and exercises for careful summary and paraphrase, and two new student research papers.
- New! The section on online sources includes a system developed by California State University, Chico librarians to help students concisely but humorously evaluate online sources for their validity and usefulness.
- New! Readings on the relationship of food to culture in Part VI, A Collection of Good Writing, provide students with high-interest readings.
- Writer's Workshop features at the end of many chapters show student writing in progress and discusses practical writing issues.
- Detailed help on overcoming writers' most common problems address issues such as overcoming writer's block, finding topics to write about, and making papers shorter or longer to meet requirements.
- The author's focus on student writing is evident throughout the text. Complete essays and excerpts from actual students provide models for writers and opportunities for editing.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Writer's Way: