This edition has also been released as:
Summary: The popular, brief rhetoric that treats writing as thinking, WRITING ANALYTICALLY offers a sequence of specific prompts that teach students across the curriculum how the process of analysis and synthesis is a vehicle for original and well-developed ideas. New to the Edition
- New "Voices from Across the Curriculum" boxes offer disciplinary perspectives on such matters as the interc ...show moreonnection between thinking and writing.
- An expanded Chapter 10, "Writing the Researched Paper," shows students how to converse with sources, with a special emphasis on electronic sources.
- A new Introduction, "Habits of Mind," redefines what it means to think, and write, analytically, equipping students with new thinking practices to counter their tendency to react and to help them start writing analytically.
- A bold new design aids comprehension of difficult concepts and makes the book easier to navigate.
- New student writing samples, from a variety of disciplines, offer models of effective analytical writing.
- New chapter overviews summarize key concepts and present each chapter's primary heuristics in point form.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 4TH 06
- WRITING ANALYTICALLY is centered around the concept of writing to learn: the idea that writing can facilitate and enrich students' understanding of their academic courses, and of their lives.
- Shows students what not to do, using the premise that students have a hard time developing new skills until they've come to understand what is counterproductive about their current practice.
Publisher: Wadsworth, Inc
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Writing Analytically: