This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This concise writing guide demystifies writing by presenting the writing process as a series of critical thinking decisions about audience and purpose.Edition/Copyright: 8TH 04
Widely used for its clear, readable writing style, The Writing Process is Longman's most concise rhetoric/reader/handbook combination, presenting accessible coverage of the writing process, complete discussions and models of the rhetorical modes, and a brief handbook. Emphasizing writing as decision-making, ...show morethe text offers practice in analyzing the unique rhetorical demands of each writing situation by showing how considerations of audience and purpose influence writing. Numerous student papers in various draft stages and a strong collection of professional readings--essays, fiction, poetry, memoirs, and cartoons--illustrate the writing strategies. A new collection of 16 additional readings in the back of the text and four updated chapters on research make this edition more flexible than ever.
New To This Edition :
- Takes students step-by-step through the writing process, from planning and drafting to revising.
- Revision is presented as an ongoing activity, not the final task performed on a work; strong coverage of revision is evidenced by Chapter 4, "Decisions in Revising" and Section Two, "Specific Revision Strategies" with four chapters on revising for content, shape, style, and word choice.
- Student case studies and sample papers in each chapter in Section Three, "Essays for Various Goals" feature model assignments for every rhetorical mode and show the annotated work of student writers as they read, plan, draft, and revise their papers.
- Provides collaborative writing projects in writing, revising, and editing as well as guidelines for peer editing and review.
- A new collection of professional readings in Section Five includes 16 new selections--two for each rhetorical pattern--so instructors can assign additional readings if and where they deem necessary.
- New Web--based writing activities appear throughout to extend the book's reach outside the classroom (replacing the "Computer Application" exercises).
- Additional discussions of the ethical considerations of writing include new insights on choosing words and summarizing information appropriately.
- A substantial Section Four, "The Research Process" offers:
- Expanded discussions of plagiarism and electronic research tools.
- Updated MLA and APA documentation guidelines.
- New coverage of oral presentations.
Publisher: Longman, Inc.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Writing Process : A Concise Rhetoric, Reader, and Handbook: