Easy Dorm Room Recipes: Chocolate FondueSeptember 6, 2013 in College Life
But fear not! If you're allowed a microwave, there are some simple microwavable dorm room recipes for chocolate fondue. The basic idea is to stick chocolate in a bowl and microwave it. Though it is a simple concept, I've come up with a few interesting twists on this easy idea:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue
This one is great for dipping bananas, marshmallows, and potato chips!
1. Partially melt two milk chocolate bars in a bowl in the microwave.
2. Before the chocolate is fully melted, add a tablespoon of peanut butter. Then put it back in the microwave.
3. After everything is melted together, you can add some peanuts for a nice crunchy texture.
Marble Chocolate Fondue
You can dip anything into this one, but pretzels really take the cake.
1. Break one white chocolate bar and one dark chocolate bar into bite-sized pieces.
2. Heat the pieces in a bowl in the microwave until they start to melt together.
3. Use a spoon to carefully mix the melted chocolates together. Don't mix too thoroughly or you'll lose the marble look.
Orange Chocolate Twist
This one is delicious with ginger snap cookies or graham crackers.
1. Melt a mixture of milk and dark chocolate in the microwave and mix thoroughly.
2. Add a splash of orange juice to the chocolate. You can also squeeze an actual orange. Adding orange zest to this will kick it up a notch, but a zester may be pretty hard to find in a dorm.
Tips for All Recipes
1. It's best to microwave in 30-second increments and mix in between to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn.
2. If the chocolate is too thick, adding a small splash of milk will make it creamier and smoother.
3. Dip any kind of snack you have! That's how you discover your new favorite treats!
These are great dorm room recipes to experiment with because they're so customizable. If you have a favorite type of candy bar, melt it with some plain chocolate for your very own favorite recipe!