Role: Analytics Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 Years
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Are you a data geek? Do you enjoy digging through data to find answers? Do you live in Excel, dream in Access and see websites as a series of conversion funnels and A/B testing opportunities? Can you question the known by following what the data says? Do you enjoy looking at business challenges and using data and analytics to determine the best answers? When you hit a dead end in an analysis, can you take a step back and start a different approach? Are you confident enough in your abilities to stand behind your work, even to the most senior executive? Most importantly, do you have the skills to back it all up?
If so, we want you!
Textbooks.com is looking for an Analytics Manager to join our data-loving, tight-knit, e-commerce team. From creative to marketing to customer service, we believe data is not only the foundation of a successful e-commerce site, but the key to meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations. Therefore, at Textbooks.com, the Analytics Manager will help influence all aspects of our business. Our employees are highly-driven, self-starters who can work independently while collaborating seamlessly. We all have healthy egos, but the enjoyment of applying our skills and knowledge to build a business is what drives people here. That plus a heavy dose of humor and camaraderie make Textbooks.com a great place to work.
This is a new role that you will help define by optimizing your skill sets within that of our existing team.
- Develop and deliver actionable insights that impact the organization's business objectives through managing all aspects of analytics and reporting.
- Aggregate, validate and evaluate data from various internal and external data sources (website usage, path analysis, conversion funnels, buyer behaviors, channel performance, merchandising, focus group research, …)
- Identify and define customer segments to improve retention and increase LTV
- Transform research requests and/or business questions into analytical strategies that best informs the decisions or opportunities being pursued
- Translate complex analyses into concise and easily consumable reports, insights and recommendations
- Make regular presentation and delivery of results to a wide audience
- Continually explore new ideas, methodologies and technologies and lead the organization towards new and improved ways to use data to improve business processes and outcomes
- Create, implement and analyze multivariate testing scenarios
- Execute user testing, surveying and focus groups
- Work with u/x team to recommend actions based on data and forecast lift on key metrics
- Own Omniture and Google Analytics platforms from planning, to implementation, to training end users
- Clearly communicate with engineering team to develop and implement analytics tools
- Collaborate with groups across the company to deliver an unmatched customer experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a concentration in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Statistics and/or 5-10 years equivalent work experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: retail (online or offline), UI testing and optimization, online marketing, web development
- Detailed knowledge of databases, including an excellent understanding of relational databases and query languages
- Data analysis experience, including the identification of trends, patterns, and outliers, and the correlation of data between multiple sources
- Extensive experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and Google Analytics.
- Experience with Test and Target, Website Optimizer, Cognos, Coremetrics, GoodData, Tableau, or other BI systems is desired
- Proven report design and development skills
- Excellent analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with user testing, focus groups and surveying
- Comfortable working with deadlines and multiple tasks
- Able to effectively prioritize requests across multiple initiatives
- Self-motivated and independent; comfortable making many decisions without direct supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to go "beyond" what the data says to address ambiguity and holes
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills, especially written. Able to communicate complex concepts and information succinctly
- You love a new challenge and enjoy dreaming up an idea and rolling your sleeves up to build it.
Ideal candidate will also have experience in:
- Retail analysis or pricing analysis
- Forecasting and financial modeling
- Supporting multiple departments within an e-Commerce company
Located in Boston's Leather District, Textbooks.com is the direct-to-consumer division of the industry leader in wholesale textbook distribution. We offer the excitement of an entrepreneurial environment backed by the foundation of a 40-year-old, privately held company. We offer competitive benefits including profit sharing, opportunity for growth and a work environment focused on building a business through talented individuals.
When applying, please include specific examples and salary requirements. Local applicants only. Interested applicants should email TBCareersnull@nulltextbooks.com Subject line: "Analytics Manager".