Email Marketing Specialist
Role: Email Marketing Specialist
Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 5-7 Years
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
We're on the lookout for smart, energetic, self-starters to fill key positions in our growing office. An entrepreneurial spirit, love of learning, and appreciation (if not mastery) of dry wit will be a stellar addition to any great resume.
We are a growing retail company, but there is much more to us than meets the eye. We are lifelong learners, and committed to creating new and simple tools to meet our goals. For the right candidates, there are numerous opportunities to apply what you know, grow along with us, and make an impact.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We are currently seeking an Email Marketing Specialist to join our e-commerce team. This person will be a key member of the team, driving our email efforts to engage with customers, drive revenue and build loyalty. A successful candidate will have direct, hands-on experience in managing and executing all aspects email campaigns including strategy, testing, content creation and messaging, list management, segmentation, reporting and analysis. This experience will include promotional, transactional and trigger-based emails.
We are looking for someone who obsesses over details, actively manages projects to on-time completion, thrives with analysis and excels working both independently and in a team environment.
- Manage all aspects of email marketing for customer acquisition, transactions and retention
- Manage implementation of new campaigns and optimize existing ones
- Own targeting and segmentation, testing methodologies, delivery schedule, etc.
- Develop and execute segmentation strategies and trigger-based campaigns to drive conversions and increased lifetime value
- Assist with email marketing strategy including goals and objective setting, content development, messaging
- Manage email marketing calendar including tasks and deadlines. Ensure tasks are completed on-time by internal parties
- Lead the effort to drive loyalty and return engagements
- Optimize and grow email opt-in throughout all customer journey
- Develop and implement tests to ensure continual optimization
- Defined and ensure KPIs are being met and that Textbooks.com is maintaining strongest delivery and open rates possible. Continuously identify opportunities to improve
- Work closely with the engineering team to implement and optimize technology to support the business objectives
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry best practices, trends, customer insights and shopping habits
- Create and maintain accurate performance reports. Communicate performance and campaign results campaign results including actionable insights to the broader team in a timely manner
- Oversee benchmarking to understand email effectiveness to build future strategies
- Ensure program compliance with industry standards and policies
- 5-7 years of email, loyalty or retention marketing with 2-3 specifically managing email, at a consumer-facing company
- Experience in e-commerce preferred
- Experience managing extensive email marketing programs that involve behavior based scheduling and deep customer segmentation
- Hands-on experience creating and managing email campaigns via an enterprise level email marketing platform. Experience with Responsys is a plus.
- Experience managing multi-million subscriber programs
- Mastery of email fundamentals including CAN-SPAM compliance, deliverability, testing methodologies, list segmentation, etc.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Exemplary analytical skills. Ability to manage and analyze large amounts of data to provide actionable, marketing insights
- Strong organization and planning skills. Ability to execute multiple projects ensuring that timelines are met and a high quality of work is produced. Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses an extraordinary attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently as well as in team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Beginner-to-intermediate HTML knowledge
- Experience with web analytics tools, Omniture and Google Analytics preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Located in Boston's Leather District, Textbooks.com is the direct-to-consumer division of the industry leader in wholesale textbook distribution. We offer the excitement of an entrepreneurial environment backed by the foundation of a 40-year-old, privately held company. We offer competitive benefits including profit sharing, opportunity for growth and a work environment focused on building a business through talented individuals.
When applying, please include specific examples and salary requirements. Local applicants only. Interested applicants should email TBCareersnull@nulltextbooks.com Subject line: "Email Marketing Specialist".