Internet Data Analyst
Role: Internet Data Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 5-10 Years
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Are you a data geek? Do you enjoy digging through data to find answers? Do you live in Excel, dream in Access and see websites as a series of conversion funnels and A/B testing opportunities? Can you question the known by following what the data says? Do you enjoy looking at business challenges and using data and analytics to determine the best answers? When you hit a dead end in an analysis, can you take a step back and start a different approach? Are you confident enough in your abilities to stand behind your work, even to the most senior executive? Most importantly, do you have the skills to back it all up?
If so, we want you!
Textbooks.com is looking for a Data Analyst to join our data-loving, tight-knit, e-commerce team. From creative to marketing to customer service, we believe data is not only the foundation of a successful e-commerce site, but the key to meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations. Therefore, at Textbooks.com, the Data Analyst will help influence all aspects of our business. Our employees are highly-driven, self-starters who can work independently while collaborating seamlessly. We all have healthy egos, but the enjoyment of applying our skills and knowledge to build a business is what drives people here. That plus a heavy dose of humor and camaraderie make Textbooks.com a great place to work.
This is a new role that you will help define by optimizing your skill sets within that of our existing small team.
- Analysis of site performance through key metrics, path analysis, conversion funnel etc.
- Identify areas for increased conversion on the site, maximizing conversion of marketing-driven traffic by channel
- Work with u/x team to recommend actions based on data and forecast lift on key metrics
- Create, implement and analyze A/B testing scenarios
- Aggregate, validate and evaluate data from various internal and external data sources
- Generate existing reports, recommend new reports, consolidate reports into senior-level snapshots
- Understand, maintain and continually evolve our Omniture and Google Analytics platforms
- Analyze price sensitivity, model impacts of potential price changes, make data-based recommendations to achieve business objectives
- Analyze price competitiveness within the online marketplace over time, identify trends and make recommendations
- Understand and analyze sell-through rate, demand forecasting and other merchandising key statistics
- Create ad-hoc analysis throughout the entire business from site performance through marketing, merchandising, pricing and customer engagement
- Develop new algorithms and analytics as needed
- Clearly communicate with engineering team to develop new analytics tools
- Evaluate new analytics tools and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a concentration in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Statistics and/or 5-10 years equivalent work experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: retail (online or offline), UI testing and optimization, online marketing, web development
- Detailed knowledge of databases, including an excellent understanding of relational databases and query languages
- Data analysis experience, including the identification of trends, patterns, and outliers, and the correlation of data between multiple sources
- Detailed experience with Omniture, Google Analytics, Test and Target, Website Optimizer, Cognos, or Coremetrics
- Strong report design and development skills
- Excellent analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable working with deadlines and multiple tasks
- Able to effectively prioritize requests across multiple initiatives
- Self-motivated and independent; comfortable making many decisions without direct supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to go "beyond" what the data says to address ambiguity and holes
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills, especially written
- Able to communicate complex concepts and information succinctly
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in pricing analysis or retail analysis
- Forecasting and financial modeling
- Experience at an e-Commerce company, supporting multiple departments
Located in Boston's Back Bay, Textbooks.com is the direct-to-consumer division of the industry leader in wholesale textbook distribution. We offer the excitement of an entrepreneurial environment backed by the foundation of a 39-year-old, privately held company. We offer competitive benefits including profit sharing, opportunity for growth and a work environment focused on building a business through talented individuals.
When applying, please include specific examples and salary requirements. Local applicants only. Interested applicants should email TBCareersnull@nulltextbooks.com Subject line: "Internet Data Analyst"