Search Marketing Analyst
Role: Search Marketing Analyst
Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 Years
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Textbooks.com has what students want: the most used books at the best prices, plus a large selection of new, rental and digital textbooks. Since 2006, we've experienced tremendous growth year after year, serving the college student market with high quality used textbooks, an easy and intuitive online shopping experience, and unmatched customer service. Our customers are highly social, value-conscious and the first to adopt new technologies, always challenging us to innovate how they shop for and save on college textbooks. Textbooks.com is uniquely positioned to maintain a nimble, entrepreneurial culture while also being grounded in a larger corporate environment, steeped in tradition, stability and leadership in the textbook industry. Our Boston offices are conveniently located downtown near South Station. This is your opportunity to immediately contribute to a fast-growing team leading the way in the evolution of college educational materials.
The role of the Online Marketing Specialist is to drive qualified customers to the Textbooks.com website leveraging various channels including paid search, natural search, display advertising and other online media. The primary focus will be managing the paid search program of 1MM+ keywords. As importantly, it is the role of the Online Marketing Associate to provide detailed analysis and reporting for marketing programs to ensure that the marketing investment falls within the guidelines of the company.
- Further develop, expand and manage an ongoing Paid Search program on Google, Yahoo/Bing and other search related programs.
- Work with site analytics to help define keyword strategy.
- Manage paid search (SEM) campaigns from planning through analysis, including: development of creative, collaboration with our technology team to ensure campaigns are tagged, set up, and tracked properly, and CTR, conversion, and campaign analysis.
- Work with partner agency to develop campaign architecture and ad groups, identify keywords, and develop strategies to optimize paid search campaigns across multiple search engines.
- Conceptualize and initiate tests (keyword targeting and bids, copy, landing pages, etc.) aimed at continually improving key metrics (CTR, ROI) across campaigns, and optimizing campaigns across multiple search engines.
- Plan, monitor, and optimize SEM budget in accordance with customer acquisition goals and objectives.
- Analyze and report performance including spend, traffic, conversions, new customers acquired, and CPA/ROI. Track and report on campaign results, data analysis, and hold weekly campaign status calls with partner agency.
- Continually monitor and improve the effectiveness of campaigns and evaluate new opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Stay up to date on paid and natural search trends and algorithms.
- Manage online ad buying programs "display advertising"
- Evaluate lead generation and acquisitions programs.
- Provide additional business analysis and reporting services as required.
- Direct experience managing a large B2C SEM program
- Strong testing, analytical and statistical background and have significant experience leading and executing data analysis.
- Excellent understanding of consumer acquisition strategies, especially within ecommerce and retail.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Experience delivering effective messaging and exposure to targeted audiences across an array of media.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster the credibility to work across functional and technical teams to get things done.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
When applying, please include specific examples and salary requirements. Local applicants only. Interested applicants should email TBCareersnull@nulltextbooks.com Subject line: "Search Marketing Analyst".